THIS GROUP CAN BE ATTENDED VOLUNTARILY OR AS PART OF THE EOP PROGRAM THROUGH PROBATION/ COURT.
Relapse Prevention therapy seeks to identify high-risk situations in which an individual is vulnerable to relapse & to use both cognitive & behavioral coping strategies to prevent future relapses in similar situations. The goal of treatment is to help people recognize the early stages of relapse, how to cope with triggers, and how to develop healthy coping skills to manage day to day life without the use of drugs & alcohol. Online relapse prevention classes are weekly & typically conducted in a group setting. Class are conducted via ZOOM and a device with a camera and microphone is required.
Online relapse prevention is generally designed to be 16 weeks but can be longer if milestones are not met.
FEES: Intake: $75, Workbook $35 (required); Each weekly session: $30
CURRENT 5280 CLIENTS/
RELAPSE PREVENTION FOR EOP
Online Relapse Prevention classes are for all Colorado jurisdictions and anyone outside of Colorado with a reliable WI-FI connection and a smart device with a camera and microphone.
10 Most Common Triggers of Substance Abuse Relapse
- Withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, nausea, physical weakness)
- Post-acute withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, irritability, mood swings, poor sleep)
- Poor self-care (stress management, eating, sleeping)
- People (old using friends)
- Places (where you used or where you used to buy drugs)
- Things (that were part of your using, or that remind you of using)
- Uncomfortable emotions (H.A.L.T.: hungry, angry, lonely, tired)
- Relationships and sex (can be stressful if anything goes wrong)
- Isolation (gives you too much time to be with your own thoughts)
- Pride and overconfidence (thinking you don’t have a drug or alcohol problem, or that it is behind you)
"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you down, it's the pebble in your shoe."